Mini Saffron Fish CakesFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
- 1 lb white fish fillets (sea bass, ling, or haddock) skinned and bones removed, and cut into chunks. shopping list
- 2 tsp harissa shopping list
- rind of 1/2 lemon, finely chopped (recipe actually calls for preserved lemon rind) shopping list
- small bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro) finely chopped. shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp clear honey shopping list
- Pinch of saffron threads soaked in 1 tsp hot water shopping list
- 1 tsp sunflower oil shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Set the oven to Low.
- Put the fish in a food processor, add the harissa, lemon rind, chopped coriander, egg, honey, saffron with its soaking water, salt, and pepper.
- Whiz the mixture until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 18 equal portions.
- Wet your hands with cold water to prevent the mixture from sticking, then roll each portion into a ball and flatten in the palm of your hand.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the fish cakes in batches, until golden brown on each side.
- Drain the fish cakes on paper towel on a plate in the warm oven. to keep the cakes hot till all are ready to be served.