Seared Scallops With Asian Noodle SaladFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- Salad: shopping list
- 4 ounces bean thread noodles (cellophane noodles) shopping list
- 4 ounces snow peas, thinly sliced on diagonal (about 1 1/3 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 1 cup matchstick-size strips seeded peeled cucumber shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup Thai fish sauce (nam pla) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced serrano chili shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce shopping list
- **** shopping list
- Scallops: shopping list
- 1 pound sea scallops shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass* shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- For salad:
- Pull noodles apart; place in large bowl. Pour enough boiling water over to cover generously. Soak noodles until tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Drain; return to same bowl. Cut noodles in half (or in thirds if very long).
- Add snow peas, bean sprouts, cucumber, herbs, peanuts, and carrot to noodles and toss to blend.
- Combine 1/3 cup water and all remaining ingredients in small bowl; whisk to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Stir dressing into noodle mixture.
- Let stand 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- For scallops:
- Sprinkle scallops with sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots, lemongrass, and garlic; stir 1 minute. Add scallops; sauté until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Divide salad among 4 plates; top with scallops and serve.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!