Oatmeal Rasin CookiesFrom sunny 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 large eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup dried apricot pieces shopping list
- 1 cup toasted pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Line baking sheets with parchment, Preheat to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until soft and creamy, then beat in both sugars - beat until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Stirring slowly, or with the mixer on the lowest speed, gradually work in the flour mixture, then the oats. Add the raisins, apricots and walnuts and mix to incorporate - the dough will feel very stiff. (You can make the dough ahead, cover, and refrigerate for several hours.)
- Drop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets by the heaping tablespoon, placing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown; the longer they bake, the crisper they will be.