Favorite Chocolate CupcakesFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 2 cups White Lily® all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup Crisco® oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- chocolate frosting shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, soda and salt. Add butter, oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Beat two minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in water until blended. Batter will be thin.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 min, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 min. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and cocoa until creamy. Add sugar, 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla. Beat on low until blended. Beat on medium until light and fluffy. Add more milk if frosting is too thick. Makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
Oh my gosh! chocolate is a weakness of mine. this sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
My son loves chocolate cupcakes, I can't wait to make these for him. He will also go crazy for the frosting. Great post, thank you for sharing.marriage in Apalachin loved it
Love cup cakes, these sound fantastic!! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it