Tuscan Bread SoupFrom shandy 8 years ago
- 4 slices crusty Italian bread, 1 1/2 inches thick shopping list
- 4 T. extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling shopping list
- 1 Large onion, chopped shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 6 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 c. heavy cream shopping list
- 1 t. minced fresh thyme (or 1/2 t. dried) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Place bread slices on baking sheet, brush tops with 1 T. oil, and bake until golden brown and crusty, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 Tablespoons oil in Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth, cream, and thyme and simmer until onions are softened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut bread into 1-inch chunks and place in soup bowls. Ladle soup over bread, sprinkle with Parmesan, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve. YUM!
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating6 people
Looks awesome, Shandy- gets my 5!!!suzalleogram in Easthampton loved it
That looks awesome, Shandy - love the pics, too! I'm sitting here and I swear...I can imagine exactly what this tastes like. I can't wait to see if I was right...hehehe. Great post, m'dear...have a great day! =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
I adore rustic, Tuscan recipes like these -- I've posted a few, (Ribollita, Panzanella, Zuppa Mitunn) including a couple of 'bread soups' -- but I've never thought to try it with cream! This looks absolutely devine! Thanks, Shandy :) Perfect comfort...morekukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!