Chicken Chimichangas with Green SauceFrom pleclare 9 years ago
- 2(10.5 oz.) cans condensed cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 2(4oz) cans diced green chilies shopping list
- 5 pitted green olives shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper,seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese shopping list
- 1(8oz) pkg shreaded monteray jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2(1 oz) pkg taco seasoning shopping list
- 1lb. shreaded cooked chicken meat shopping list
- 8(10")flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/2c vegetable oil shopping list
- 1(8oz.)pkg. shreaded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1c chopped green onion shopping list
- 1(8oz) container sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the cream of chicken soup into a blender along with the green chilies,olives,jalapeno and lime juice. Puree until smooth,then pour into a saucepan,and warm over mediulow heat while proceeding with the recipe
- In a large bowl,stir together cream cheese,monteray jack cheeseand taco seasoning till well blended. Fold in the chicken. Evenly divide mixture among 8 tortillas. Fold each tortilla into a rectangular packet around the filling.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry 4 chimichangas at a time until golden brown,then drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To serve,place a chimichanga on a plate,and ladle the warm sauce overtop. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and green onions. Finish with a dollup of sour cream.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
These look great and I haven't enjoyed Chimichanga's in a very long time. Thanks Pleclare!!!lor in Toronto loved it
Love this recipe, fantastic post. Thank you for sharing.marriage in Apalachin loved it
Love THIS! YUM! A must make right away and thank you for sharing the recipe =Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!