Pineapple And Cranberry Fruit CakeFrom vivian 9 years ago
- 250g (8oz) butter, softened shopping list
- 250g (8oz) dark muscovado sugar shopping list
- 4 medium eggs shopping list
- 300g (10oz) plain flour shopping list
- 2 level teaspoons ground mixed spice shopping list
- 1kg packet dried mixed fruit shopping list
- 250g packet dried ready-to-eat pineapple, chopped shopping list
- 150g (5oz) dried cranberries shopping list
- 6 tablespoons rum or brandy (I used brandy) shopping list
- 20cm (8in) round or 18cm (7in) square cake tin, lined with baking parchment shopping list
How to make it
- Position the oven shelf just below the centre of the oven so that the cake will be central in the oven.
- Set the oven to cool, gas 2 / 150c
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding a little flour with each egg.
- Fold in the remaining flour and mixed spice, then fold in the mixed fruit, pineapple and cranberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined cake tin and level the surface.
- Bake the cake in the centre of the oven for 3-31/2 hours, or until a skewer comes out clean after being inserted into the cake.
- If the cake starts to brown too quickly, then cover it with a sheet of baking parchment or foil and reduce the oven temperature slightly.
- When the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for about 15 minutes, then spoon over the rum or brandy.
- Leave too cool completely in the tin.
- When the cake is cold, remove it from the tin and wrap it in baking parchment then foil.
- If the cake is well-wrapped in a cool place, it will keep for at least 3 months.
- A little extra rum or brandy may be spooned over the cake just before it’s decorated.
The Cookvivian Stoke-on-Trent, GB
The Rating2 people
Why didn't you post this one before my wedding :) You are so proffetional with decoration Vivian.The spices with the mixture is also great.Thanks for a great post.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it