Lebkuchen With GlazeFrom chacha 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped slivered almonds shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped citron shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candied lemon peel shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons hot milk or water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- candied cherries and additional citron shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, bring honey to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, combine honey and sugars.
- Mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and allspice. Gradually add to honey mixture.
- Stir in nuts, citron and lemon peel (mixture will be thick).
- Press into a greased 15 inch x 10-inch x 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-28 minutes or until top springs back with lightly touched.
- Meanwhile, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Spread over bars while warm.
- Immediately cut into bars.
- Decorate with cherries and citron.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Makes 12
- From Taste of Home
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating4 people
This is a great cookie. My mom used to make them every year for Christmas and we loved them. Great post - thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Great recipe. Love these wonderful little goodies!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
I agree, this looks and sounds so good, love these cookies. You got my 5 and I flagged them as beautiful also. Thanks for sharing your recipe.henrie in Savannah loved it