Lemon Cream King CakeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- l Loaf Rhodes™ white bread dough, thawed to room temperature shopping list
- 8 oz Neufchatel or cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- zest from one lemon shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- white icing shopping list
- purple, green and gold sugar sprinkles shopping list
How to make it
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Rollloaf into a 10x18-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese and powdered sugar. Add the lemon
- extract and zest and mix well.
- Remove wrap from dough and spread filling over all but 1/2-inch along all edges. Brush one long edge with egg.
- Roll up lengthwise starting with the long edge that has not been brushed with egg. Pinch seam to seal. Form into a ring and pinch ends together to seal. Place on large sprayed baking sheet and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise 45-60 minutes.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes. Cover with foil last 15 minutes, if necessary, to prevent over-browning. Cool completely and then ice with white icing. Decorate with sugar sprinkles if desired.