Lemon Poppy-Seed Rice PuddingFrom juliagulia 9 years ago
- 3 quarts of whole milk shopping list
- 1 lb of arborio rice (Risotto quality rice) Avoid instant rice - it will ruin it! shopping list
- 1 14oz can of unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp poppy-seeds shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cups of heavy or whipping cream shopping list
- Zest of one lemon shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large, heavy pot, combine milk, rice, coconut milk. Mix well and let sit for 30 minutes. Add vanilla bean (entire bean and scraped seeds) and poppy seeds. Mix well and bring to a simmer over a moderately high heat. When it starts to bubble, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until the rice is tender (approximately 50-75 minutes).
- 2. Add the sugar, cream, and lemon zest and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature and cover with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
The Cookjuliagulia Seattle, WA
The Rating1 people
I am making this right now!canzi in San Diego loved it
I just had some. It is sooo good. I didn't skimp on the type of rice or the vanilla bean, and it was well worth it. I wish I had this recipe when I was pregnant. I was always craving rice pudding. The combination of flavors is great.canzi in San Diego loved it