Hearty White Bean ChiliFrom cadavis 8 years ago
- 1 pound great northern beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and picked over shopping list
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 ground oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried ground coriander shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 ( 4 ounce ) can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 2 pounds boneless,skinless chicken or turkey breast, grilled and cubed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Place beans in a soup kettle or Dutch oven
- Add enough water to cover beans by two inches
- Bring to a boil
- Let boil for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 1 hour
- Drain and rinse
- Discard liquid
- *You can also soak over night if you prefer*
- Place beans in a slow cooker
- Add the chicken broth, onions, garlic, and seasonings
- Cover and cook on low heat for seven hours or until beans are not quite tender.
- Add the chilies, chicken or turkey and sea salt
- Cook for another hour until beans are tender.
- Serve up Hot and enjoy!
- Nutritional Information:
- 442 calories; 50g Protein; 4g fat; 51g carbohydrates
- I got this recipe out of one of my healthy eating and balance diet books hope you enjoy it like we do.
The Cookcadavis Asheboro, NC
The Rating4 people
I have a similar recipe yours is great too, there are never enough variations of Chili.
Great Posttrigger in loved it
This sounds great! Perfect for this time of year.sunny in Portland loved it
Very nice. Thank you.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!