King Pao ChickenFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided shopping list
- 4 cups broccoli florets shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh ginger (such as spice World), divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped salted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and 2 teaspoons ginger to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add water. Cover; cook 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove broccoli from pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan; add remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed red pepper, and chicken. Cook 4 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Combine broth and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl, and stir with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Return broccoli mixture to pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.