Seafood LasagnaFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 1 green onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice shopping list
- 1 pound bay scallops shopping list
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in broth and clam juice; bring to a boil. Add the scallops, shrimp, crab and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, stirring gently. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; set seafood mixture aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid; gradually add to the saucepan. Add salt and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cream and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir 3/4 cup white sauce into the seafood mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup white sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles; spread with half of the seafood mixture and 1-1/4 cups sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Very nice! Just finished eating!Deeeeeeeeeeeelicious ^_^valanto in Limassol loved it
This recipe totally rocks and is a delightful variation on traditional lasagna! Thanks so much - a real keeper... =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
one of my favorites.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!