Peruvian Fish CevicheFrom lunasea 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 pounds fish fillets (sea bass, sole, or flounder), cut on the bias into 1-inch dice shopping list
- 1 quart water, boiled and chilled shopping list
- 1 red onion, cut in 1/2 lengthwise and sliced thin shopping list
- 1 aji amarillo, rib and seeds removed, diced (a Peruvian hot pepper with a distinctive, fruity flavor) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro leaves shopping list
- **** shopping list
- 2 ears corn, cut in 1/2 shopping list
- 1 sweet potato, sliced 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- **** shopping list
- 1 head butter lettuce shopping list
- Japanese seaweed, for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Have grill pre-greased and preheated to medium-high. (Could do this on the stovetop in a grill pan.)
- Place fish in a non-reactive bowl. Add 3 cups of chilled water to fish and rinse gently. Drain water.
- Add onions to remaining chilled water and let soak.
- Meanwhile, place aji, garlic, and pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle. Grind to make a paste.
- Combine fish, lime and lemon juices, aji and garlic paste, salt, pepper, and cilantro. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Brush corn and sweet potato slices with oil and place on grill. Cook about 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, divide fish ceviche among 4 lettuce cups and top with onion slices. Serve with grilled corn and sweet potato slices and garnish with Japanese seaweed, if desired.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating5 people
I love this too. This is wonderful!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
While living in Chile and Panama we ate anything that was ceviche. I have a shrimp one posted. My guy friends would spear fish and I cleaned the fish. Then mamacita would fix. Then we would have a big PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Saved and printed this is a great summer meal.
Your Peruvian Fish Ceviche is the top of the line.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!