Peruvian Grilled Lomo SaltadoFrom lunasea 5 years ago
- 1 skirt steak shopping list
- 2 medium red onions, cut in 1/2 lengthwise shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar shopping list
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce shopping list
- 4 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 medium yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into wedges shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Have grill pre-greased and preheated to medium-high.
- Place steak in 1 bowl and onions in another.
- Using a knife, make a paste by combining garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Whisk together garlic paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of canola oil, cumin, and ground black pepper.
- Divide marinade between steak and onions. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- **Before grilling, allow steak and onions to come to room temperature.
- Place steak on grill and cook about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Discard marinade. When done, let steak rest before slicing.
- Place onions face down on grill and cook until slightly soft, about 6 minutes per side. When done, cut onions into wedges.
- Sprinkle paprika over potatoes and toss with remaining canola oil.
- Place on grill and cook until soft inside, about 6 minutes per side. Season with salt when done.
- In a large bowl combine steak and juices, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, cilantro, and reserved marinade.
- Toss gently and reseason with salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating8 people
Awesome. Thank you Lunney.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
This looks soo good! Could you subsitute the beef for chicken to make pollo saltado? Definitely gets my 5!wilz in San Bernardino loved it
Oh Lord, when I saw the title I didn't know what the heck it meant. Thought it might be grilled salted alpaca or something! But yummy is yummy lol Language don't matter ;)danadooley in Singapore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!