Caramel Pecan PieFrom carterl 7 years ago
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust shopping list
- 36 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup pecan halves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine caramels, butter and milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually mix in the melted caramel mixture.
- Stir in pecans and pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool until filling is firm.