Saigon Sub from Food NetworkFrom mamafrog 7 years ago
- 2-pound pork butt, cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup peeled and thinly sliced cucumbers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- Italian party hero bread, cut in 1/2 lengthwise shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 romaine lettuce head leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Season pork pieces with salt and pepper. Place in a braising pan and add 1/4 cup soy sauce, water, chili garlic sauce, ketchup, and 1/4 cup vinegar. Braise for about 2 1/2 hours, covered, until fork tender. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and "pull" with forks until shredded. Add braising liquid, to taste. Cool.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup vinegar, brown sugar, wine and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Add the cucumbers and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the bread. Brown lightly, if desired.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the bread and drizzle with hot sauce. Arrange the meat on the bread, top with the lettuce, marinated cucumbers, mint, and cilantro. Slice in half and serve.
The Cookmamafrog Elizabeth, PA
The Rating4 people
This sounds great, i hope you don't mind that i added it to just sandwiches groupcheryilyn in Salem loved it
Excellent and easy.. thanks.wasabidoobie in White Bear Lake loved it
Tx for a new idea on subs...going to make it this Saturday when I visit my son...you get a high 5 from metinadc in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!