Sizzling Steak TacosFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 red onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak cut 1/4" thick long strips shopping list
- 1 jalapeño pepper minced with seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups canned corn drained shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 avocado peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 corn tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion then sauté until tender about 5 minutes then transfer to bowl.
- Add steak to skillet and cook until no longer pink about 2 minutes.
- Add jalapeño, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper then transfer to heated bowl.
- In medium bowl combine corn, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, vinegar and oil.
- Warm tortillas over gas flame or electric burner until they begin to color.
- Stuff tortillas with steak, peppers, onions and corn mixture then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!