Chicken Pot PieFrom ruskingirl 9 years ago
- 1 pastry recipe for a double crust pie shopping list
- I-1/2 cups roasted chicken, shredded or cubed (When I am in a hurry I will use a grocery store roasted chicken) shopping list
- 4 Tbl. butter divided shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, diced shopping list
- 1/2 package frozen peas shopping list
- 3 Tbl. dried parsely shopping list
- 1 teas. dried oregano shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 3 Tbl. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Roll out bottom pie crust, press into a 10 inch deep dish pie pan, and set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onion, celery, carrots, peas, parsely, oregano and salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are soft. Stir in the bouillion and water. Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in potatoes and cook until fork tender but still a little firm.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter. Stir in the chicken and flour. Add the milk or half & half, and heat through. Stir chicken mixture into the vegetable mixture and cook until thickened. Cool slightly, then pour into the unbaked pie shell. Roll out the top crust and place on top of filling, Flute edges and vent top with fork holes to let out steam.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 min. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 20 min. or until crust is golden brown.
The Cookruskingirl Harrison Twp
The Rating5 people
Yummy...will try this tonight since it is not going to be summer this week. Great post, thanks! Amna.atariq123 in Rochester Hills loved it
Okay.... I'm gonna make it tonight! I've been looking for a recipe for 1/2 hour that didn't call for condensed soup! I was beginning to wonder if anyone cooked from scratch! Thanks for this recipe! I hope it's delicious, it's sound great!chefmama in Brownstown loved it
I made it, it was DELICIOUS! I did add 3 cloves of garlic (minced), fresh parsley, & poultry seasoning. I used chicken stock from where I boiled my chicken instead of water, and added a little brush of butter to the top crust before going in the ove...morechefmama in Brownstown loved it