Three Cheese Black Bean Chili with Cheddar CrustFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- *I like to add lean ground sirloin shopping list
- 2 large onions, diced shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin seed shopping list
- 3 medium carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, sliced shopping list
- 3 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced shopping list
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups cooked or canned black beans, rinsed shopping list
- 6-12oz. tomato juice shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) reduced fat shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onions, carrots and celery in oil over medium high heat in large saucepan until translucent, about three minutes.
- Add jalepeno, tomato paste, chili powder, cocoa powder, and cumin, and cook until mixture caramelizes to a dark brown, about ten minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and beans.
- Stir in tomato juice to your preferred consistency.
- Simmer for at least an hour, but only up to two hours.
- Transfer to large (or individual) oven-proof dish(es)
- Preheat broiler.
- Stir Mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese into chili and top with shredded Cheddar.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly, about four minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
Delicious! Glad to have found another that uses cocoa powder. Thanks for posting in my Chili Grouptazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it