Three Cheese Black Bean Chili with Cheddar CrustFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- *I like to add lean ground sirloin shopping list
- 2 large onions, diced shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin seed shopping list
- 3 medium carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, sliced shopping list
- 3 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced shopping list
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups cooked or canned black beans, rinsed shopping list
- 6-12oz. tomato juice shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) reduced fat shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onions, carrots and celery in oil over medium high heat in large saucepan until translucent, about three minutes.
- Add jalepeno, tomato paste, chili powder, cocoa powder, and cumin, and cook until mixture caramelizes to a dark brown, about ten minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and beans.
- Stir in tomato juice to your preferred consistency.
- Simmer for at least an hour, but only up to two hours.
- Transfer to large (or individual) oven-proof dish(es)
- Preheat broiler.
- Stir Mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese into chili and top with shredded Cheddar.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly, about four minutes.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
Delicious! Glad to have found another that uses cocoa powder. Thanks for posting in my Chili Grouptazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it