Stroganoff Over HamburgersFrom berry 8 years ago
- 200 gr of top sirloin or tenderloin, cut thin into 1-inch wide by 2 1/2-inch long strips shopping list
- 3 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 150 gr. bacon in strips shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots (can substitute onions) shopping list
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry tarragon or 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1 cup of sour cream at room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Lace the bacon strips in a skillet and let htem cook until médium brown. While bacon is ready, melt 3 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Increase the heat to high/med-high and add the strips of beef. You want to cook the beef quickly, browning on each side, so the temp needs to be high enough to brown the beef, but not so high as to burn the butter. You may need to work in batches. While cooking the beef, sprinkle with some salt and pepper. When both sides are browned, remove the beef to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, reduce the heat to medium and add the shallots. Cook the shallots for a minute or two, allowing them to soak up any meat drippings. Remove the shallots to the same bowl as the meat and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt another 3 Tbsp of butter. Increase heat to medium high and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. While cooking, sprinkle the nutmeg and the tarragon on the mushrooms.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the sour cream to the mushrooms. You may want to add a tablespoon or two of water to thin the sauce (or not). Mix in the sour cream thoroughly. Do not let it come to a simmer or boil or the sour cream will curdle. Stir in the beef and shallots. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with bacon strips over open hamburgers.