Vegan Tri-Bean ChiliFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 fresh jalapeños, diced shopping list
- 1 cubanelle pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium white onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 2 15 oz cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 15 oz can navy beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen) shopping list
- 3 tbsp molasses shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat ¼ cup of water.
- When the water starts sizzling, add the onions and garlic. Stir until the onions are soft.
- Add the jalapenos and cubanelle and fry for a few more seconds.
- Add the tomato paste and tomatoes, followed by the chili powder, and oregano. Stir a few times then let boil and simmer.
- Add the beans, corn and molasses.
- Let the pot simmer, covered, for at least 40 minutes - longer will distribute the flavor better.
- If the chili is too thick, add a little water; if it's too thin, uncover the pot.
- Add the bell peppers, stir, and simmer for a minute or two before serving (peppers should stay crunchy).
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Yummo !solomon in Montreal loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze130 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members