Italian Sausage FlorentineFrom lillyann 6 years ago
- 8 ounces dried mini penne pasta (Barilla*) shopping list
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen spinach souffle' (Stouffers*) shopping list
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links, sliced shopping list
- 1 package ( 8 ounce) pre-sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1 can (10.75 ounce) condensed cream of celery soup shopping list
- 1 carton (8 ounce) sour cream shopping list
- Diced fresh tomatoes (optional) shopping list
- shredded cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.. In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- Microwave both packages of spinach souffle' on high setting (100% power) for 10 minutes (half of total cooking time); set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium, cook and stir sausage until cooked through. Drain off fat. Stir into cooked pasta. Stir mushrooms, half-and-half, soup and sour cream into pasta mixture until thoroughly combined. Transfer to a 3 1/2 to 4-quart casserole.
- IN a small bowl, stir together both packages of partially cooked spinach souffle'. Spread evenly on top of pasta mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until baked through and a knife inserted into spinach souffle' comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and shredded cheese (optional)
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating5 people
this sounds and looks devine a great post2muchmuffintop in Ashburton loved it