Molasses CakeFrom watkinsgal 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine molasses, baking soda and boiling water in large bowl...it foams up.
- In separate bowl combine remaining ingredients. Mixture will be crumbly, save approx 2 tablespoons of crumbly mixture for topping.
- Mix molasses mixture with crumbly mixture, just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into round shallow cake pan, sprinkle with remaining crumbly mixture as topping.
- Bake 350 degrees for approx 45 minutes.
The Cookwatkinsgal Northern, MO
The Rating2 people
I will be trying this one for my daddy's birthday on thursday....He loves anything with molasses in it and this recipe sounds really great. Thank you for sharing...I will be taking a picture of it so if you like I can pass it on to you for your re...more
EXCELLENT!!!!! I tried it and even my year old loved it. I dusted some powdered sugar on top to make it look pretty. This will be a regular now... THANKS
I'm back! I've made this quite a few times now and it's still my favorite! Super chewy and delicious. It's easily confused with chocolate cake though so let people know it's not chocolate before they dig in!
- Not added to any groups yet!