Indian Shrimp and Rice PulaoFrom uk2nyc 6 years ago
- 1 pound Cleaned shrimp/ prawns shopping list
- 2 cups basmati rice shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 tbs cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 4 pieces of black cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tbs garam masala shopping list
- 1/4 tbs of Tumeric shopping list
- 1/2 spoon saffron shopping list
- 1 spoon butter or ghee shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cover the raw rice with water and let it sit for about 30 Mins
- While your rice is soaking add the spoon of ghee / Butter in a non stick pot on medium heat .
- when hot add your Cumin seeds and black Cloves, let it sputter a bit.
- Do not let it burn! by adding the sliced onions and chopped garlic quickly and keep stirring until the onions are golden brown.
- Then add your garam masala powder, Tumeric powder, salt, rice, saffron, bay leaves and shrimp to this mixture.
- Put 1 cup of water, cover and simmer on low heat for about 20 mins until your rice is soft and flaky.
- Enjoy plain, or serve as a side dish.