Coconut Pound CakeFrom fireraven 8 years ago
- 2/3 c lightly packed flaked coconut shopping list
- ¼ c powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 c butter, softened shopping list
- ½ c butter flavored shortening shopping list
- 3 c sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs, room temp shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 c milk shopping list
- 2 tbs coconut flavoring shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325. Grease and flour 10 in tube pan, shaking out excess flour.
- Combine coconut and powdered sugar in a small bowl until coconut is well coated. Sprinkle evenly over bottom of pan.
- Beat butter and shortening in large bowl at med-high speed for 1 min or until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar 3 to 4 mins or until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Beat flour mixture into butter mixture alternately with milk just until incorporated, beginning and ending with flour.
- Beat in coconut and vanilla flavorings.
- Bake for 1 hour and 35 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 mins. Invert onto rack and remove pan. (Remove coconut topping that stick to pan with a fork and arrange over top of cake.)
- Cool completely.
The Cookfireraven Genesee, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!