Chocolate Peanut Butter CloudFrom juliagulia 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 package (2 to 2 1/2 cups) of Oreo cookies, separated with sweet filling removed, crushed (run them through the food processor) shopping list
- 1/3 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 8 oz blocks of cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups creamy, non-organic peanut butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 pint whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Crust: Mix cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter together into a spring form pan (9 1/2 or 10 1/2 in both work) and press down into place. Bake for 8 minutes - DO NOT OVER BAKE! . Remove from oven and cool.
- Beat whipped cream just until stiff peaks are formed. Add vanilla and continue mixing until stiff. Set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar. Add whipped cream mixture and fold until well combined. Pour into cooled pie crust.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth. Put a few tablespoons of the melted chocolate into a heavy duty zip lock bag. Snip the very end of the bag. Slowly pipe out a design on the top of the pie. You can also use a squeeze bottle or pastry bag instead of a zip-lock bag if you have either handy.
- For an even prettier design, use 1/4 cup each of dark and milk chocolate and layer the two one on top of the other. In the pictures I've submitted, I've used two kinds of chocolate and made 4 layers.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or until set.