PINEAPPLE COCONUT UPSIDE DOWN CAKEFrom tnacndn 6 years ago
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 C. sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 C. water shopping list
- 1/4 C. oil shopping list
- 1/2 C. (1 stick) butter shopping list
- 2/3 C. firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple rings, drained shopping list
- 7 maraschino cherries, halved shopping list
- 1 C. coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, sour cream, water and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape side of bowl.
- Beat on medium speed 2 min.
- Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in each of 2 (9-inch) round cake pans; sprinkle each pan with 1/3 cup of the brown sugar.
- Top evenly with pineapple rings and cherries; sprinkle with coconut.
- Pour half of the prepared batter into each pan.
- Bake 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Immediately invert onto serving plates.
- Cool slightly