Vietnamese Spring RollsFrom deedeec 5 years ago
- shrimp PREP shopping list
- 1 lb medium size shrimp shopping list
- 3 dried Red Thai chili peppers shopping list
- 1/2 a lime, sliced shopping list
- SPRING rolls shopping list
- 4 cups napa cabbage or bok choy, julienned shopping list
- 1 cup carrot, Shredded or julienned shopping list
- 1 cup green onions (scallions), jullienned shopping list
- 2 oz Oriental vermicelli (ie. bean thread or rice noodle) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, julienned shopping list
- rice paper Wrappers shopping list
How to make it
- Fill a large deep skillet or wok with an inch or so of water. Add chili peppers and lime and bring to a boil. Add shrimp and boil till done. Just a few minutes. Shrimp should be pink and firm. Drain and rinse in cool water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Cook bean thread according to packaging. Drain, rinsing in cold water, then gently squeeze out excess moisture. Chop noodles so threads are just a few inches long.
- In a large bowl toss cabbage, carrot, onions and noodles till thoroughly mixed.
- In a flat pan at least 10 inches wide fill about an inch deep with very warm water. Soak wrappers, one wrapper at a time for 30 seconds or so until softened.
- Spread wrapper onto kitchen towel. Place about 1/4 cup of cabbage mixture on bottom third of wrapper. Place 2 or 3 shrimp on top and a sprinkle of basil leaves.
- Fold bottom of wrapper up over filling. Fold sides in, then tightly roll up the remainder. Place on serving platter. Repeat until all the filling is used up.
- You may serve immediately or tightly seal in airtight container and refrigerate up to 2 or 3 days.
- Serve with dipping sauces:
- <a href="Thai Inspired Peanut Dipping Sauce">Thai Peanut Sauce</a>
- <a href="Hot And Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce">Hot and Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce</a>
- Makes between 20-24 spring rolls.