Southern Vietnamese CatfishFrom abermouse 9 years ago
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 c boiling water shopping list
- 3 Tbsp Nuoc Mam (fish sauce) shopping list
- 1 lb catfish filets, cut in thirds shopping list
- 2 scallions , chopped shopping list
- 4 sprigs coriander (cilantro) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 thai chili, finely chopped shopping list
- fresh ginger to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat sugar in pot with enough water to wet it. Heat over medium for 3-5 minutes. Stir once. Add garlic, ginger, oil and chili. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add boiling water, fish sauce, and catfish. Turn pieces so they're evenly coated. Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover, cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with black pepper, scallions and coriander (cilantro).
- Serve with rice and steamed cabbage... adding a little vietnamese hot sauce, Sriracha, is a must for people who want it spicy and authentic.
The Cookabermouse Louisville, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!