Zucchini Crab CakesFrom greekgirrrl 9 years ago
- 6 teaspoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini (about 5 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh lemon thyme or snipped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional) shopping list
- 8-ounces fresh cooked crabmeat,* chopped (1-1/2 cups) shopping list
- 2 large red and/or yellow tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices shopping list
- Red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes (optional) shopping list
- 1 large lemon or lime, cut into wedges (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced yellow and red tomatoes shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- Tomato-sour cream Dipping Sauce (optional) (recipe follows) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the cooking oil.
- Cook and stir the zucchini and green onions about 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and the liquid is evaporated.
- Cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the beaten egg, bread crumbs, Dijon-style mustard, lemon thyme, and, if desired, red pepper.
- Add the zucchini mixture and crabmeat; mix well.
- Using about 1/4 cup of the mixture for each crab cake, shape into 8 patties, 1/2 inch thick and 2-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Brush both sides of the crab cakes lightly with the remaining 4 teaspoons of oil.
- Place crab cakes directly on a lightly oiled, preheated grill rack.
- Grill crab cakes on an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- To serve, overlap 2 crab cakes on individual salad plates along with sliced tomatoes.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and lemon or lime wedges, if desired. Serve with Tomato-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce. Makes 4 side-dish servings (2 crab cakes with 2 tablespoons sauce).
- Tomato-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce: In a small mixing bowl stir together dairy sour cream, minced yellow and red tomatoes, lemon or lime juice, and seasoned salt. Cover and chill. Serve with crab cakes. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Make-Ahead Tip:
- Prepare Tomato-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- anndeek Fort St John, CA
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- dynie Marietta, OH
- lincolntoot Freehold, NJ
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- chihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- cheryilyn Salem, OR
- shesariot267 Ocala, FL
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating6 people
Heaven. I LOVE the addition of the crabmeat.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
These sound very good. Thank you for posting them.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
5 forks from me! These sound outrageous!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it