Cheese Smothered Chicken TendersFrom donman 9 years ago
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders shopping list
- Dried oregano shopping list
- Donnie’s cajun seasoning Mix (or equivalent ingredients) (Recipe on my recipe page) shopping list
- 1 medium onion finely diced shopping list
- 1-4 oz can of sliced mushrooms (optional) shopping list
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Spray skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Sprinkle all sides of chicken with oregano and seasoning mix.
- Cook in skillet (covered) 8 to 10 min, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Spray skillet again with cooking spray add onions and mushrooms than sauté about 5 min stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Place chicken in skillet and spoon vegetables over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheeses over chicken and veggies remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating12 people
Great recipe! Thanks for posting!
Have a great Day!cadavis in Asheboro loved it
My have to do list just got longer,Thanks for a very good post....Bobrobertg in loved it
my grandkids may even eat this one minus the cajun seasoning. if you put enough cheese on it they will eat almost anything.cheryilyn in Salem loved it