First Bite Epiphany Meatballs n SpaghettiFrom chefmal 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, at least 90% lean shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese (Plus more for garnish) shopping list
- 1 fistful of each: basil, oregano, Parlsey, thyme, tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 fistful of each: salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, crushed rosemary leaves. shopping list
- 2 26oz cans Hunt's garlic and Herb tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 6oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti shopping list
- "All You Need Is Love" blaring in the background shopping list
How to make it
- Put sauce and paste into a large crock pot, mix, cover and simmer over medium heat until bubbly.
- Clean your hands!! Not just the palms, but the fingertips and under the nails too.
- Put chopmeat and chopped garlic into large mixing bowl, add spices and eggs, mix well using hands. Trust me, it's more gratifying this way.
- When mixed, roll into 1" balls (huh huh, I said "balls") and drop into simmering sauce.
- Add about 1 Tbspn of parlsey, oregano, basil, pepper, onion and garlic powder to the sauce. You can skip this step if you want, but you've come this far, so live a little!!
- Cover and let simmer on medium heat for 1 hour, stirring the meatballs around occasionally.
- After the meatballs have simmered for about 40 minutes, put up the pasta. They should be done about the same time.
- Serve pasta with meatballs and sauce over the top, garnished with extra parmesan cheese if desired.
- Mmm-MMM, yo! lol
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
The Rating5 people
The last ingredient is just perfect!!!
Sounds great......thanks for posting!pat2me in Nashua loved it
I agree yummmmmm. I love meatballs and spaghetti.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!