TiramisuFrom dakotasmommy 7 years ago
- 6 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup good dark rum, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups brewed espresso, divided shopping list
- 16 to 17 ounces mascarpone cheese (regular cream cheese can be substituted) shopping list
- 30 Italian ladyfingers shopping list
- bittersweet chocolate, shaved or grated shopping list
- confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until very thick and light yellow. Lower the speed to medium and add 1/4 cup rum, 1/4 cup espresso, and the mascarpone. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup rum and 1 1/4 cups espresso in a shallow bowl. Dip 1 side of each ladyfinger in the espresso/rum mixture and line the bottom of a 9 by 12 by 2-inch dish. Pour half the espresso cream mixture evenly on top. Dip 1 side of the remaining ladyfingers in the espresso/rum mixture and place them in a second layer in the dish. Pour the rest of the espresso cream over the top. Smooth the top and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with shaved chocolate and dust lightly with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
The Cookdakotasmommy Beaverton, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!