Basmati Rice With Dried Fruits And NutsFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
- 1/4 C unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 C basmati rice shopping list
- 3 1/4 C water shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. fround allspice shopping list
- 1/4 C raisins shopping list
- 1/4 C dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 C dried apricot halves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 C pecans, toasted and coarsley chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and saute, stirring, until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice well and drain. When the onion is ready, add the rice, water, salt, pepper to taste, cinnamon, allspice, raisins, cranberries and apricots to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook, without stirring, for 20 minutes; do not remove the cover.
- After 20 minutes, uncover and check to see if the rice is tender and water is absorbed. If not, re-cover and cook for a few minutes longer until the rice is done.
- Add the pecans and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a warmed dish and serve immediately.