Cinnamon Raisin BreadFrom divaliscious 8 years ago
- 3-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 package of quick activating yeast shopping list
- 1 cup milk, scalded (or microwaved for 30 seconds)- then cooled down to about 120 degrees shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- ***Equipment needed: bread machine on "fruit bread cycle" shopping list
How to make it
- Put yeast in order of your bread machine requires
- In my 2 pound bread machine, the yeast goes in first.
- Then add flour, salt, spices, milk.
- Cut up butter into bits and place into bread machine loaf pan.
- Select fruit bread cycle (or try regular if your doesn't have one)
- After five minutes of stirring ingredients, carefully lift lid and add raisins slowly to dough.
- Turn down lid and let your bread machine do its magic.
- Mine takes about three hours for the fruit cycle to complete from the beginning to the end.
- ***I really was impressed with how this came out. It has a crispy crust while the inside is light, airy and smelled utterly amazing while baking. It toasts really nicely too! I altered a from scratch recipe of rich rolls called cinnamon toast and tweaked it for the bread machine.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating3 people
I love this Recipe. Its the first time my bread came out like store bought. It is very good. I add a table spoon of Glutten flour and a tablespoon of Rye flour and I minus 2 tablespoons of Flour to compensate. This is awsome. I would love to find mo...moreaprilshowers96 in Aurora loved it
Good job I never used a bread machine, I have been told that the crust weren't as crusty as conventional bread making methods. Home made bread is still the best.
trigger in loved it