Strawberry BreadFrom c2max 7 years ago
- flour - 3 cups shopping list
- baking soda - 1 teaspoon shopping list
- salt - 1 teaspoon shopping list
- cinnamon - 1- 2 Tablespoons (I use 2) shopping list
- sugar - 1 1/4 cups shopping list
- oil - 1 cup shopping list
- strawberries (fresh or frozen) - 2 cups, smashed - if using frozen, drain before measuring shopping list
- eggs - 3 large shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease/dust 2 regular loaf pans (9x5 I think?!).
- Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together.
- Mix all ingredients together, stirring for approximately 40 strokes.
- Place in 2 well-greased loaf pans. I use 9x5 pans and divide batter. You could use 1 pan to make a big, generous-sized loaf w/leftover as strawberry muffins too!
- Bake 60 - 70 minutes. Start checking at 55 min - Don't over bake!
- ** As one comment suggested, you could mash strawberries and macerate them w/some simple syrup and then drizzle that over the top of the slices when you serve.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookc2max Naperville, IL
The Rating7 people
Grrrrrrrrrreat Post. Thanks for sharing, I will give this one a tryjasmilez in Somewhere In the Land Of Enchantment loved it
I've made a recipe similar to this that I got from a Home & Garden Party cookbook....it is the BOMB! I LOVE strawberries!!! :) TY! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
This is a Tried and True recipe! Have made it for years, and it is truly delicious!! Thanks for posting. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!