Strawberry BreadFrom c2max 8 years ago
- flour - 3 cups shopping list
- baking soda - 1 teaspoon shopping list
- salt - 1 teaspoon shopping list
- cinnamon - 1- 2 Tablespoons (I use 2) shopping list
- sugar - 1 1/4 cups shopping list
- oil - 1 cup shopping list
- strawberries (fresh or frozen) - 2 cups, smashed - if using frozen, drain before measuring shopping list
- eggs - 3 large shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease/dust 2 regular loaf pans (9x5 I think?!).
- Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together.
- Mix all ingredients together, stirring for approximately 40 strokes.
- Place in 2 well-greased loaf pans. I use 9x5 pans and divide batter. You could use 1 pan to make a big, generous-sized loaf w/leftover as strawberry muffins too!
- Bake 60 - 70 minutes. Start checking at 55 min - Don't over bake!
- ** As one comment suggested, you could mash strawberries and macerate them w/some simple syrup and then drizzle that over the top of the slices when you serve.
The Cookc2max Woodridge, GA
The Rating7 people
Grrrrrrrrrreat Post. Thanks for sharing, I will give this one a tryjasmilez in Somewhere In the Land Of Enchantment loved it
I've made a recipe similar to this that I got from a Home & Garden Party cookbook....it is the BOMB! I LOVE strawberries!!! :) TY! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
This is a Tried and True recipe! Have made it for years, and it is truly delicious!! Thanks for posting. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!