Spinach PestoFrom ivy 7 years ago
- 2 cups rough chopped fresh baby leaf spinach shopping list
- 3 spoonfuls of fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/5 cup of wine vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Put parsley, parmesan, walnuts, garlic, salt to food vinegar.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add olive oil, and half spinach to mixture.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add remaining half of spinach and blend until smooth.
- This recipe makes 2 cups of pesto.
- Refrigerate remaining pesto in a glass jar. Pour a thin layer of olive oil over the top.
- Pesto will keep in the refrigerator for up to four weeks. Additionally, you can freeze pesto in small freezer bags by filling 3/4 full, laying flat, squeezing out the air and sealing.
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, not in the microwave.
The Cookivy Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating4 people
Haven't made pesto with spinach. I always use fresh basil. Saving this one as we both love spinach. Thanks.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
I love this one. I am so dissapointed when my summer basil is gone. It appears I could have been enjoying pesto year round! great post, thank-you!grandmommy in Nashville loved it
I'm so impressed with this recipe. I've never made pesto before. Thank you for sharing and including freezing instructions. Cheers :)pocketfulofwords in Vanc Is loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!