White Chocolate Cake With White Chocolate FrostingFrom jett2whit 8 years ago
- 1/3 Cup white chocolate (cut in small pieces) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup hot water shopping list
- 1 Cup butter(no substitutes!) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cup white granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 egg yolks, unbeaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/2 Cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 Cup buttermilk shopping list
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/4 Cup butter shopping list
- 2 Cups white chocolate(cut in small pieces) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- white chocolate curls for garnish(optional) shopping list
- toasted nuts for garnish(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 3 -9 inch layer pans.
- Melt white chocolate in hot water; cool.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks. Beat.
- Add white chocolate and vanilla.
- Sift flour and soda together, add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Combine milk, sugar, and butter in saucepan. Bring to full, rolling boil and boil 1(one) minute. Remove from heat and add white chocolate and vanilla. Stir until candy is melted. Beat until spreading consistency. Frost 3-layer cake.
- Spread slowly, cool if icing is too loose, heat if too stiff.
- Garnish with the chocolate curls and/or nuts.
- Use a serrated edge knife to cut cake.
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating6 people
Can you come to my house for my birthday?????
cristi35 in Huntersville loved it
I missed this recipe the first time around, Jeanette! But I've been looking for exactly this!! Yippee!!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Fantabulous!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it