Potato DonutsFrom ruskingirl 6 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbl. butter, softened shopping list
- 2 3/4 c flour shopping list
- 4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup mashed potatoes shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare mashed potatoes.
- Combine all ingredients except oil.
- Chill dough for 2 hours.
- Roll out dough to a half an inch thick. Cut into doughnut shapes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or skillet until hot but not smoking.
- Cook doughnuts in oil until brown, turn and cook the other side until brown.
- May coat with a sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon.
The Cookruskingirl Harrison Twp
The Rating4 people
Wonderful post, love the sound of this, cake donuts are really good, brings back memories of when I was a child, every Halloween we had Apple Cider and cake donuts. Soooooo Yummie. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
for as far back as i can remember until the owner passed about 10 years ago there was a German bakery that we visited every time we went to the coast. the owner was a sweet German man that made out of the world pastry, but he was famous for his potat...morecheryilyn in Salem loved it
When I was young ,my mom made alot of of things out of leftover mashed potatoes.Fish patties, dinner rolls, potato pancakes,cake, and you guess it Donuts. LUV them all.
She never wrote recipes down. Us kids now grown have to try to guess at the...morezanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!