Cream Cheese Banana Nut BreadFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (8-oz.) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (1 1/4 lb. unpeeled bananas, about 4 medium) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 3/4 cup pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 6 minutes.
- 2. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Combine whole wheat flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in bananas, 3/4 cup toasted pecans, and vanilla. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loaf pans. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides of bread pull away from pan, shielding with aluminum foil during last 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool bread in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Note: To make ahead, proceed with recipe as directed through Step 4. Cool loaves completely, and tightly wrap with plastic wrap. Wrap again with aluminum foil. Freeze up to 1 month.
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating9 people
I'm in a cream cheese state of mind lately and I adore this recipe!! I know it will be good!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Mmmmm.... delicious!!! lovely combination!berry in Winter Park loved it
I'm always trying new Banana nut cake recipes, this sounds like a winner!! yummmmmm got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!