Catfish Tacos With Thai Cabbage SlawFrom wolfpackjack 9 years ago
- Tacos: ----------- shopping list
- 2 pounds catfish fillets (about 3 fillets) shopping list
- 1 package of flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 avocados, skinned, pitted, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, rough chopped or hand shredded shopping list
- 1 limes cut into wedges shopping list
- oil for the grill shopping list
- For the Thai Slaw Dressing: ----------- shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 juicy limes) shopping list
- 2 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp red chili paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, more if needed shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 1 tsp honey, or to taste shopping list
- red pepper flakes (optional and to taste) shopping list
- For the Thai Slaw: ------------ shopping list
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/4 to 1/2 of a small cabbage) shopping list
- 2 carrots, shredded shopping list
- 1 daikon radish, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Thai Slaw Dressing: ------------
- Whisk fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, chili paste, coconut milk and peanut butter together in small pot over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Thin with coconut milk if needed to obtain a sauce that pours easily.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with honey and red pepper flakes.
- Thai Slaw: ------------
- Combine red cabbage, carrots, daikon and red onion in a large bowl.
- Toss with half of the slaw dressing.
- Set remaining dressing aside for serving with the tacos.
- Catfish Tacos: ------------
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Rub both sides of fish with a little oil.
- When grill is hot, use tongs to rub the grate with an oiled paper towel.
- Grill fish 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, wrap a stack of tortillas in foil and place on grill over low heat, turning once while the fish cooks.
- When the fish is done, remove it from the grill and cut into pieces.
- Pile fish in warm tortillas. Top with Thai slaw, sliced avocado, cilantro leaves and extra Thai slaw dressing.
- Serve with lime wedges.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating3 people
This recipe is excellent! We just finished eating dinner and my husband and I both loved them. I marinated the catfish in Annies Baja Lime Marinade.....it was great. The Thai Slaw and dressing were a meal in itself! Thanks for sharing this.tequila12 in Sleepy Hollow loved it
This sounds soo good, I love fish tacos so I will try this one, thanks!!!mango in Marion loved it
Fish tacos are a favorite of mine and so is Thai food. Combining the two in one recipe for me is extreme cuisine! Great post, can't wait to try it. Has to be a 5 five all those flavors going on.grandmommy in Nashville loved it