Chef Chris Biancos Grapefruit And Fennel SaladFrom rml 7 years ago
How to make it
- Chef Chris Bianco said that you can have fifty percent Grapefruit/fifty percent fennel. I used closer to seventy percent Grapefruit/30 percent fennel.
- He first cut the ends off of the Grapefruit. (I used 5...they were on sale.) He then used a sharp knife to cut the skin and pith from around the fruit. Then he cut straight down, next to the core of the fruit....going all the way around, instead of sectioning it. Then he cut the fruit into rough chunks.and put them into a bowl - Set the core aside for later.
- Chef Chris used baby fennel but I used one large Fennel bulb. Cut off the root and the tough green part. He saves these for making soup stock. (I'm not that organized). Martha said she feeds the scraps to her Chickens. Chickens eat Grapefruit and Veggies? I thought they ate grain!
- Anyway, finely chop the Fennel and add it to the Bowl of Grapefruit.
- Gently toss.
- Sprinkle the Parsley and Salt and Pepper on top.
- Drizzle with the Olive Oil and just a touch of Honey...I didn't have Bee Pollen.
- Squeeze the juice from the Grapefruit core on top.
- Enjoy! - Thanks Chef Chris and Martha
The Cookrml VA
The Rating4 people
oooh that sounds good..now I would just have it for breakfast.Great post!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This sounds great. I love grapefruit salads... thanks..... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
I am another lover of grapefruit salads...did you know that "they" (whoever the h*** they are?) say that the scent of pink grapefruit can make you appear five years younger.....I bathe in the stuff! LOL Really though, grapefruit and fennel would ma...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!