Bacon Egg and Cheese StrataFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 12 thick slices white bread, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms (optional) shopping list
- 12 eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Toss cubed bread with bacon, cheese, and mushrooms, and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and mustard until smooth, then pour evenly over cubed bread. Cover dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove plastic wrap from the baking dish, and bake strata in preheated oven until the top is golden brown, and the eggs are set, about 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating5 people
Strata is such a great brunch dish..love it!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Another awesome dish....love stratas! Thanks!pat2me in Nashua loved it
I think we all agree stratas are good anytime. Easy to make and tastes good too!dtour in Somewhere In Florida loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!