Marinated Pork Chops with Whiskey SauceFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 4 boneless pork chops -- 1-inch thick shopping list
- 1 6 ounce ca frozen apple juice concentrate -- thawed shopping list
- 1/3 cup whiskey shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon molasses shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper -- coarsely ground shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed -- crushed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine apple juice concentrate, whiskey, olive oil, molasses, cumin, coriander and garlic salt.
- Place chops in a 1-gallon self-sealing plastic bag; pour marinade over chops; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chops, reserving marinade.
- In a small bowl combine ground pepper and fennel seed. Press the pepper mixture onto both sides of the chops.
- Place chops on a kettle-style grill directly over medium-hot coals, lower grill hood and grill for 4-5 minutes, turn chops and grill for 4-5 minutes more, until just done.
- Meanwhile, strain the reserved marinade. In a small saucepan bring marinade to boiling.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir into mixture in saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Serve sauce with chops.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!