Special K Peanut Butter And Chocolate BarsFrom krumkake 9 years ago
How to make it
- Stir the corn syrup and sugar together in a small saucepan and heat just to boiling (do not boil, as this will cause the bars to become hard as they cool). Note: I use the microwave and heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes on High.
- Remove pan from stovetop or microwave, and stir in the peanut butter; mix ingredients together well.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl.
- Pour syrup mixture over cereal and stir to blend well, making sure all the cereal is coated with the syrup mixture.
- Lightly butter a 10x15 baking sheet (for thicker bars, use a 9x13 pan).
- Firmly press the cereal mixture into the bottom of the pan, being sure to press together any “holes” in the base.
- Melt a 12 ounce bag of milk chocolate chips (I place them in a 2 cup measuring cup and use the microwave to melt them, but you can do it in a saucepan on the stovetop if you prefer). You can also melt a couple 5 ounce chocolate bars instead of chocolate chips.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal base, and spread to completely cover it.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- VARIATION: For a more intense peanut butter flavor, you can add ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (or more, to your taste) to the melted chocolate.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating8 people
thanks for a great post will definitely trying it during the week.Sounds like a great snacker love the addition of peanut butter and chocolate
your daughters are blessed :)
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Krummmm.... I need to make this... these sound good.....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Krum, glad you are back! These sound delish!!! The kids will love them!vickycummins in Munster loved it