Chocolate Hazelnut Corner CookiesFrom bakermel 8 years ago
- 1 c. powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 c. butter or margarine; softened shopping list
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. AP flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3 Tbs. unsweetened baking cocoa shopping list
- 3 Tbs. coarsely ground hazelnuts shopping list
- 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips; melted shopping list
- 3/4 c. finely chopped hazelnuts shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and egg with spoon.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Divide dough in half.
- Stir cocoa into one half of the dough; stir 3 Tbs. hazelnuts into the other half of dough.
- Roll half of each dough on waxed paper into 11 x 17-in. rectangle.
- Place hazelnut dough on cocoa dough; peel off waxed paper.
- Roll doughs together to 3/16-in. thickness.
- Roll up rectangle tightly, beginning at 11-in. side, using waxed paper to help lift.
- Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- Wrap in refrigerate at least 4 hours until firm.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-in. slices.
- Cut each slice into fourths.
- Place pieces 1-in. apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 to 6 min. or until set.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Dip curved edge of each cookie into melted chocolate, then dip into chopped hazelnuts.
- Place on waxed paper until chocolate is firm.
- Store in tightly covered container or freeze.
The Cookbakermel Topeka, KS
The Rating6 people
These are so adorable and they look wonderful. What a pretty cookie! I am sure they are as tasty as they are pretty.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
Well - back me into a corner with these cookies and I won't come out!! These sound delicious! Great job! Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
OMG!! Saved.Really good one.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!