Basic KombuchaFrom curryking 7 years ago
- 1 medium SCOBY- message me if you want to find one shopping list
- 6 bags of tea (must be organic can either be green or black) shopping list
- 1.25 to 1.5 cups of organic cane sugar shopping list
- 1 gallon distilled water shopping list
- 1 gallon glass jar shopping list
- 1 large rubber band shopping list
- 1 coffee filter shopping list
- (optional apple cider vinegar and wine making pH paper) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the water to about boiling then add the sugar and let fully dissolve
- Steep the tea bags in the sugar ater for 10 minutes then discard
- Pour the tea into the jar and rubber band the coffee filter over the top Let cool too room temperature.
- After tea is at room temperature open SCOBY container and pore the starter liquid into the tea Gently place the SCOBY mat white side up and float it on the top of the tea and return the filter over the top.
- If not a lot of starter liquid came with the SCOBY you will need to add a few teaspoons of organic apple cider to decrease the pH.
- If you have the pH paper optimum pH is 3.0 to 3.6
- Sit in a dry place for 7-14 days
- You should have a new SCOBY at the end save 10-15% of the tea and the SCOBY for future batches enjoy.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookcurryking Gainesville, FL
The Rating4 people
This is so amazing! I have been trying to figure out this recipe for weeks, I came across this drink in the store called Wonder Drink- which is "sparkling Kombucha" made with Organic Green Tea. I could tell there was vinegar in it, so would like to m...moreinvisiblechef in loved it
Also what do you think about adding different berries and leaves.invisiblechef in loved it
This is the easiest way to make this tea that I have found so far. Here is a web link to where I get my organic SCOBY.
Hope it helps.dreamweaver in Galeton loved it