Dry potatoes with ginger and garlicFrom mareelouise 6 years ago
- 650g low starch potatoes shopping list
- Piece of fresh ginger around 5 x 2.5 x 5 cm- peeled and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 3 tbsp water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the potatoes in their jackets.
- Drain and let them cool completely.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 2.5cm dice.
- Put the ginger, garlic, water, turmeric, salt and cayenne into a blender (or use a barmix) and blend until you have a paste.
- Put the oil in a large frying pan and set over medium heat.
- When hot, put in the fennel seeds.
- Let them sizzle for a few seconds.
- Now put in the ginger-garlic paste.
- Stir and fry for 2 minutes.
- Put in the potatoes. Stir and fry over medium-high heat for 5 - 7 minutes or until the potatoes have a nice golden-brown crust on them.