EMPANADA GALLEGA DE CARNEFrom pilar 8 years ago
- For the dough: shopping list
- 600 grs. of wheat flour shopping list
- 30 grs. of bread yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1 cup of olive oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika shopping list
- 1/2 litre of warm water shopping list
- 500 grs. of pork meat in fillets shopping list
- 3 big onions shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- paprika ( pimentón dulce) shopping list
How to make it
- Disolve the bread yeast in the warm water, add salt.
- Mix this with the olive oil mixed with the paprika.
- Add this liquid to the flour and knead until soft. Add more flour if necessary.
- Let dough stand in warm place until doble in size.
- Meanwhile, in a little bit of olive oil, cook the onion in small pieces until soft but not brown. Add meat and cook for 5 minutes. Add a pinch of paprika and let stand.
- One the dough is ready , divide it in two parts.
- Roll dough into a rectangle. Place in a greased oven-tray.
- Cover the dough with the meat and onion mixture.
- Roll the other part of the dough into another rectangle.
- Cover the filling and seal all around with your fingers or with a fork, to avoid filling from coming out.
- Make a litle "window" in the middle of the empanada that will act as a chimney.
- Decorate with the leftovers of the dough.
- Cook in oven 170º C, about 1 hour until golden brown.
The Cookpilar LA CORUÑA, SPAIN, ES
The Rating4 people
Very nice recipe! If you were to make smaller individual servings, any idea on how long to cook them?shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
excellent!!!!!!gvg in Downingtown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!